Topic: Invite Participants
Embed your survey on your website
With easyfeedback you have various possibilities to integrate your survey on the website. The integrated tracking allows you, without the help of programmers, to let the survey appear on the whole or on selected pages.
In addition to the options mentioned above, you can also insert your survey on your website yourself by using HTML code and set a link. Simply copy the survey link and paste it at the position where you want the survey to appear.Here we show you how to embed the survey on your website with the following options:
2. Feedback Flap
4. Focus Layer
To start, please log in to your account, select the survey you want to include and navigate to the Invite participants
section. Now select the Website Integration
The first option is the button. This option is useful if you want to invite people to take part in a survey at a specific position on your website.
To adapt the button to your needs, you have different options:
- Color: Adapt the color to your corporate design. The color values are given as hexadecimal values. If you only know your RGB or CMYK value, you can convert the values here () for example.
- Size: Changes the size of the button and the font
- Corners: Determines the size of the corner radius on the button - from no rounded corners, up to 100% rounded
- Text: Enter the desired text to be displayed in the button
- Font: Select the font in which the text should be displayed
- Action: With this action you determine whether the survey is opened directly on your website or whether the survey should open in a new tab. Just click on the button and watch the behavior.
After you have configured the button, you can now embed it on your website. Simply click on the plus button
and generate a code for the integration.Tip:
If you want to insert the button at several positions on your website and want to know from which page you got feedback, you can create several codes to embed. Each button code will be shown as a separate visitor source in the evaluation.
If you generate a new button code via the + button
, first you have to enter a name. The name can be changed later and will be displayed as visitor source.
By clicking on the button Get the code
, the code for embedding is displayed. Simply copy the code and paste it into your website at the position where the button should be appeared.
To establish the connection between easyfeedback and your website, you also need to install the easyfeedback tracking code. How to install it is explained at the end.
Display of results
In the evaluation, each button code is displayed as a separate visitor source and can be used as a separate filter criterion to segment the results.
With the second option you can place a so-called feedback flap on your website permanently. This allows you to offer your website visitors a feedback channel and improve the website experience.
The feedback flap is triggered directly via easyfeedback. So you are independent of when and on which page of your website the feedback tab should appear and you only have to install the tracking code once.
You can adjust the feedback flap individually to your needs via the settings:
- Color: You can set an individual color by using the color selector. The color is specified in hexadecimal values. If you only have the RGB or CMYK color tone at hand, you can converted the values here () for example.
- Position: With the position you decide on which side of the screen the feedback flap should be displayed
- Text: Change the text that will be displayed
- Schriftart: Select the font that matches your website
- Aktion: With this action you determine whether the survey opens in a new tab or directly on your website. Just click on the feedback flap and test the settings.
To run the feedback flap you have to install the Tracking code
Below we explain how you can install the tracking.
Display of results
Just like the button, the feedback flap will be displayed as a separate visitor source, according to which you can filter the participations.
In addition, the URL from where the user/participant clicked on the feedback flap is transferred in the XLS export.
The popup offers you the possibility to show your survey directly to the website visitor. To do so, you have to install the tracking code once and then you can define via the tracking properties on which page of your website the popup survey should appear.
To bring the survey into focus, the background is darkened. You can use the slider to define how strong the transparency should be.
After the settings, you define via the tracking properties
on which page the survey should be displayed.
Display of results
All participants via the popup are also shown as a separate visitor source and can also be used as filter criteria.
As another option to the popup, you can also control the display of the survey via the focus layer. The focus layer automatically appears on the page that you have defined with the tracking properties and invites website visitors to take part in the survey. In this variant, the participant first receives the focus layer as an invitation and then the survey appears.
Here you also have different setting options:
- Color: Using the color information for the title and button, you can adjust the color of the elements to your website. The specifications are displayed in hexadecimal values. If you do not have the values, you can converted your RGB or CMYK values here ().
- Title: Enter the title (Headline) of the focus layer
- Text: Enter the invitation text
- Opacity: Determine here how high the transparency should be around the focus layer
- Text (Button): Enter a text for the button
- Action: With this action you define whether the survey should open in a new tab or directly on your website
On which page of your website the focus layer should be displayed and where not, can set via the Tracking properties
With the tracking settings you define on which pages of your website the feedback elements are displayed. You can add or exclude URLs:
By adding the URLs, you decide whether the feedback elements should be displayed on your entire website, a subarea or only on an explicit URL.
If you want a feedback element to appear on the entire Web site, you only need to specify your domain:
Option: Start with
For example, if you have a news section on your website and only want to add a feedback element there, the URL would look like this:
Option: Start with
With the options Exact
and Starts with
you can define whether a feedback element should only be displayed on the specified URL (Exact), or whether all subpages starting with the URL should be included (Starts with).
Only on this URL the feedback element will be displayed
starts with: https://yourDomain.com/news
On this and all other subpages from this section the feedback element will be displayed. For example:
In combination with Include URLs, you can also define URLs on which the feedback elements should not be displayed.
For example, you have a separate registration page for a newsletter in your news area. If you do not want to display the feedback elements here, add this URL via Exclude:
With the option Exact
or Starting with
you can specify again whether only the exactly specified URL should be excluded or all URLs below it.
Time on page or scroll depth
In addition to the URL where the feedback elements should be displayed, you can also define when the feedback elements should be displayed. You have two options for this:Seconds
or px Scroll depth
As soon as the set condition is met, the feedback element will be displayed.
Activate / Deactivate
The control of the feedback elements can be activated or deactivated at any time. Simply click on the green small slider.Note:
The use of the tracking settings requires knowledge of the structure of a website. If you are not sure, consult an expert.
The easyfeedback tracking code is responsible for displaying the feedback elements on your website.
To install the tracking code, please log in to your account and click on "Account > Account details
" in the top right corner and then select the "Integrations
In the Tracking Code section you have two options for installation:
1. Install manually
If you want to install the tracking code manually, copy the tracking code and paste it into the head area ... of your website. Save your information and update the file on your server. After the changes have been made, the tracking code will be available on your website and you will be able to display your surveys on your website via website integration.
Install with Google Tag Manager
If you want to stay flexible and already have the Google Tag Manager installed on your website, you can install the easyfeedback tracking code via the Google Tag Manager.
Proceed as follows:
- Log in to the Google Tag Manager
- Select your website container
- Create a new tag under the Tags view
- Either select the custom HTML tag type or select the "easyfeedback tracking code" from the Community Template Gallery:
Custom HTML tag type
Community Template "easyfeedback Trackingcode"
If you want to install the tracking code via the community template, search for the "easyfeedback tracking code" and enter the tracking ID from your account.
- Select or create the trigger "All pages"
- Publish the website container so that the changes are available on your website
After publishing, the tracking code is added via the Google Tag Manager and can be administered via it.