There are different ways to personalize the results of the survey. The options, advantages and disadvantages of the different ways are as follows:1. Ask about personal data in the survey
If you want to assign the individual responses to a person, company, department or group, you can easily achieve this through questions within the survey.Example 1:
For an employee survey you might want to know how the departments have responded. Use a multiple choice question and define each department as one of the answer choices. Each participant can or must (mandatory question) select his department. In the end you can filter this question and display each department individually or group them. The Excel / CSV / SPSS exports can get you the results, limited to the selected department(s) and the corresponding answers.Example 2:
You could possibly like to know the name of each participant, the employer company, or other personal details. You can use the multiple choice question again, if answer possibilities are pre-definable. The text response is applicable when asking the participant to type in the personal information. The participant can or must (mandatory question) give an answer, which you can see together with all the others within the Excel, CSV or SPSS file.Advantages and disadvantage of this method
2. Personalized survey link for each participant
- Advantage: The survey can be carried out anonymously in parts if the participant is not forced to name his personal information (required question). Too high canceling rate should be avoided.
- Disadvantage: Through personalization with the text response question, you can see the personalization in connection with the other answers only in the Excel / CSV / SPSS file.
This type of personalization allows to manually add a personalization behind the survey link. You can personalize the survey link for each participant or for groups. You just need to copy the normal survey link into a text editor and put a "/!pi
" behind the link to start with personalization. Behind that you can attach the personalization, e.g. „/!piCustomerA
“ or „/!pijohn-doe
“ or „/!pix10-002345
In the single results you can see this personalization.Advantages and disadvantage of this method
3. Multi Links for each target group
- The questionnaire can be shorter, because the personalization is not happening through an additional question.
- You can choose the personalization as you like, even forward it to e.g. a ticket system.
- In the single results you can view individual responses of each participant and export them.
- If you use a cryptic personalization, the participant does not notice and thinks that the participation in the survey is anonymous.
Multi links are a great opportunity to personalize surveys for whole groups. The individual participant stays anonymous and you get insights for each individual group through their responses.Example 1:
In a 360 degree feedback survey you might want to find out, how different hierarchy levels have assessed the company executives. For this task, navigate to 'Invite participants'
and create a multi link for each hierarchy level and one for the managers. All hierachy levels and executives get their own multi links for participation. Results can be viewed individually or as combinations of the multi links, through adjustments of the filter settings.Example 2:
Imagine, you plan a nationwide survey addressed to your franchise partners and customers. In the end you might want to sort the results per partner or group multiple partners. Please navigate to 'Invite participants'
and create a multi link for each partner. Distribute the individual multi links to the corresponding partners. You can view the separate results per link or combinations of multi links, by using the filter 'settings' in the results page.Advantages and disadvantage of this method
4. Participants list for each target group
- You are filtering the participant groups in advance.
- You can view the results in the dashboard and export them according to the filter settings for one multi-link or more
- Participation in the survey is anonymous for the participant.
- Not really suitable to personalize for each participant.
You can personalize for groups with participant lists, just like it was done with multi links. Without any further personalization in the reference text of the lists, the individual participation stays anonymous within the group. The results can be filtered by group or individual.Example:
You have a survey with three customer groups and would like the individual results of each group. For this purpose you need to create one participant list per customer group. Navigate to 'Invite participants
> E-mail invitations
' and import all created participant lists into the survey. You can address each group individually through the email invitation system and seperately invite them to the survey. In the results' filter settings you can select each participant list or group them into the desired views.Advantages and disadvantage of this method
5. Automatic personalization with participant lists
- The participant groups are filtered in advance.
- You can see the results in the dashboard and export them according to the filter settings for one multi link or as a combination
- Participation in the survey is anonymous for the participant
Participant lists provide the opportunity to automatically personalize the participation in the survey. Like this you will know exactly, who has already participated in the survey, including their individual answers to each question. You will find these details in the individual results.
Personalization is performed through the column 'Reference text'
of the participant list.Please proceed as follows, to personalize the participation through the participant list:
Advantages and disadvantage of this method
- Create a new participant list in the menu Participant lists .
- Add the participant to the list
Add manually: Set in the column reference text the personalization for each participant
Import participant list: Set the personalization for each participant in the 5th column (Reference text). You can look it up in the template files. The templates can be found next to the import button.
- After adding or importing you see the personalization for each participant in the 5th column.
- For a better assignment, you should provide a unique name for each list. Click the "pen" icon to rename.
- Navigate to the Overview and click your survey.
- Go to the tab 'Invite participant > E-mail invitation'.
- Import the new list of participants.
- Click the new imported participant list. The invitation settings will open.
- Adjust the settings individually for this invitation and invite your participants.
Attention: You do not need to set the placeholder for the reference text in the invitation text. You can use this placeholder for more personalization, but in this case you do not need it.
- After the first participation you can navigate to 'Evaluation' and click on Single result . The personalization is now visible for each of the participants.
- Automatic personalization
- You can see the results individually or grouped for the participants
- The participation is not anonymous for the participants
- The participants does NOT see the personalization